Promote your event in our calendar
Promote your event in the Mitchell Shire Events Calendar — no event is too big or too small to appear. Event listings are FREE.
All event listings are managed via the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW). All State Tourism Organisations in Australia have moved to this new website, and listings are filtered for our region.
Upload your events
You will need to create a login and password, then you can enter as many events as you like.
Prepare your content
You will need a description of your business (25 words minimum, 200 words maximum) and photos of your business or event. At least one photo is required, maximum 10 photos. Further details below.
Visit the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse.
Create a New User of ATDW
- Register as a new user by clicking the 'Create an account' button.
- Click “I want to create an ATDW listing for my business or event”.
- Fill in the template with your business details and click 'Register Now' at the bottom of the page.
- Check your email inbox for an email from ATDW-Online.
- Click on the link on the email to verify your account.
Create an Event Listing
- Go to Australian Tourism Data Warehouse website and login with your username and password.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- You're now in the portal. Click on ‘Create you first listing’ page, click ‘Let’s Go!’
- Work your way through the steps and click on ‘Send for review’ when finished.
When entering Suburb/State/Postcode begin typing your location name then select from the drop down menu that appears. This will enable the location to be pinned to the Google map. You can reposition this as necessary.
Make sure you include the time of your event in ‘Description of Event’. You can select as many dates as are relevant.
When you add a picture, it will automatically be resized. For optimum display position the key elements of your image in the centre.
Council has an opportunity to review every post relevant to our municipality before it goes onto ADTW and their QA queue — a turnaround of 2 business days. Once the post is live, you will have opportunities to edit your entry from your portal.
Once you have completed your event’s contact details, SUBMIT and your event will go to the Quality Assurance (QA) queue to be reviewed and approved. When this is approved the status changes to LIVE.
Changing your event listing
If you have omitted something or made a mistake, contact ATDW and let them know. They may be able to make the change for you, or reject the posting so you can edit it again. You can only edit a post if it has already been approved and is live, or has been rejected in the QA queue.
Unpublishing or editing a listing
- Log on and view your dashboard.
- UPDATE your listing
- Make your changes by clicking on the pen tool and SUBMIT. This will go to the QA Queue.
- If you just want to unpublish, then click the cog and REQUEST TO DISABLE
- This request goes to the QA Queue and approved by ATDW
When it has been approved, the status changes to NOT LIVE.
Reactivating Past or Unpublished Event Listings
If an event has passed, it remains in the Events Listings on your dashboard and can be reactivated:
- Log on and search for your event listing
- Make your changes
- Re-activate product
Minimum 25 words, maximum 200 words.
- Use the example description as a guide.
- The description should focus on the Event.
- Use the event name in the first paragraph.
- One idea per paragraph – space out your text.
- No abbreviations or acronyms.
- Use capitals for names only, such as Victoria or Bath Street, not for entire words like “FREE”
- No special characters: @ # % * ( ) _ + >< ... or any copyright, trademark or registered character.
- Write in the Third Person. Do not use: I, me, my, we, our or us.
- If available, include information about event time or entry cost.
- Do not include venue address, dates, phone, website or email details in the description. These should go into their own fields.
A picture representing your event (minimum photo size is 2048 x 1536 pixels)
- Load images in their original format - the bigger the better. Images are automatically resized so don't worry about adjusting them yourself.
- Landscape format are best
- No text/ writing over the photo
- No collages (more than one photo merged into the one file)
- No banners, logos, posters or flyers
- Images must be in focus
- Images must have good lighting
- Images must have no copyright restrictions
If you need any further information please don't hesitate to contact ATDW Support Desk during business hours on 1300 306 366.