There are several funding sources available to community and tourism organisations that hold events. Visit these external websites below to find out more about available grants.
Tourism Victoria - Regional Event Fund
A total funding pool of $20 million is available each year.
This program is designed to support the attraction, development, marketing and growth of events in regional Victoria in order to:
- increase economic benefits by driving visitation from outside of the region and the State and extending length of stay and yield
- showcase Victoria’s key regional tourism strengths and build Victoria’s reputation as an events destination
- develop a sustainable calendar of regional events
The program has two components:
Includes support for events of significant scale. These events will likely be of international and national significance.
A contestable program designed to support events of varying scale, that are identified as having the potential to drive economic and branding benefits to the host destination, region and the State.
Segmented into three tiers in order to differentiate by size of event and support available.
- Tier 1: Funding between $100,000 to $500,000 is available
- Tier 2: Funding between $20,000 to $100,000 is available
- Tier 3: Funding up to $20,000 is available
Search for grants, funding and support programs from across government to help our business grow and succeed.
Please note that you may need to meet certain criteria to be eligible.
Creative Victoria provides direct support to Victoria’s arts sector through a range of funding programs. Together, these programs are designed to stimulate high quality, diverse arts activity across the state; strengthen Victoria’s reputation as a centre for artistic excellence and creativity; and ensure that all Victorians have opportunities to participate in and enjoy the arts.
Victorian Multicultural Commission
The Multicultural Festivals and Events (MFE) Program offered by Multicultural Victoria has the following objectives:
- showcase the vibrancy and contribution of Victoria’s multiculturalism through regular celebrations and events that encourage participation of the whole community
- foster cross-cultural awareness, understanding, respect, community unity and intercultural relationships
- ensure that Victoria’s multicultural communities can celebrate, preserve and share traditions in meaningful ways
- build the capacity and experience of smaller or newer community groups to deliver events through the development of genuine partnerships between community organisations
Eligibility criteria applies.
VicHealth provide grants for a variety of projects, with funds going to a range of organisations, both large and small.
You can register to be notified about upcoming funding opportunities.
This page was last updated on 1 June 2021.