Event expression of interest
The first step to getting our approval for your event is to tell us about it by completing the expression of interest form below.
After we received your application we will:
- assess the activities you are proposing and their impact
- help you to understand what is required to make sure your event meets local laws, legislation and regulations
- email you within 5 days and tell you what permits and approvals you will need for your proposed event
Expression of Interest Form
If you would prefer to complete a hard copy application, download the EOI form below and return your completed form to Mitchell Shire Council.
Timelines for assessing event applications
An event cannot go ahead until all permits and our event approval are issued.
Depending on the permits needed, this process could take up to 6 months.
Low impact events are 1-day events on a single location with less than 500 people.
- no road closures
- less than 5 temporary structures
- minimal waste (less than 5 bins)
- no alcohol
- food and beverage (class 1 or 2)
- outside fire danger or extreme weather periods
Medium impact events are 1 or more days on single or multiple locations with 500 to 3,000 people.
- road closures, parking, pedestrian impacts
- temporary structures
- amusement devices
- 5 to 20 bins
- portable power and gas appliances
- amplified sound
- sporting or high-risk activities
- food (class 1, 2, 3)
- declared fire danger period or in extreme weather periods
High impact events are 2 or more days on single or multiple locations with 3,000+ people. They include the same list of approval considerations as medium risk event. Events with firework displays are high-impact events.
This page was last updated on 18 June 2019.