Closing council roads for events
To close a Council road for your event you will need a permit. You must submit your application to Council at least 30 days before the intended date of closing a road.
Apply for a Permit
To apply for a partial or full road closure:
- complete the Road Closure Permit Application (download below)
- form below and a Memorandum of Authorisation (download below)
- provide a Traffic Management Plan
- supply proof of public liability insurance for $10 million to cover an incident caused by the road closure
- return your documents to any of our Customer and Library Service Centres and pay the relevant fees in person; or
- return your documents to Mitchell Shire Council and an Officer will email you an invoice to make payment.
Traffic Management Plans
Traffic Management Plans must be prepared by a VicRoads accredited contractor.
If your permit to close a Council road is approved, you must be prepared to provide traffic management signage that meets Australian Standard 1742.3.
Closing a VicRoads Roads
To close or partially close a major road or freeway that is managed by VicRoads you must obtain a permit from VicRoads.
This page was last updated on 1 July 2020.