Business flood grants and resources
Small business owners directly impacted by the floods are eligible for a one-off payment of $5,000 to support clean-up, safety inspections, repairs, the hiring of equipment and purchase of stock that businesses need to get back in business as quickly as possible.
Applications open – call the Business Victoria hotline on 132 215 to apply.
A support package is available for flood-affected farmers:
- Primary Producer Clean-Up Relief Grants: $10,000 grants to cover the cost of the clean-up and get businesses up and running again
- Primary Producer Concessional Loans: Up to $250,000 to restore or replace damaged equipment and infrastructure, or to cover short-term business expenses.
- Primary Producer Transport Subsidies: Up to $15,000 to support the transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and the movement of livestock.
Apply for the Primary Producer Flood Relief payment on Agriculture Victoria.
The Federal Government is offering a Disaster Recovery Payment accessed through your My Gov Account for the following:
- $1000 per adult
- $400 per child
Apply for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery payment.
The State Government is offering an Emergency Relief Assistance Payment for the following:
- $560 per adult
- $280 per child
- Maximum of $2000 per family
Apply for the State Government Emergency Relief Assistance Payment.
Previously known as the Personal Hardship Assistance Program.
A short-term payment to help you if the Victorian Floods in October 2022 directly affected your income for a maximum of 13 weeks.
- were 16 or older at the time of the floods.
- are an Australian resident or hold an eligible visa
- work or live in an affected Local Government Area (LGA)
- lost income as a direct result of the floods.
Apply for the Disaster Recover Allowance.
This page was last updated on 20 October 2022.