COVID business support
We recognise the effect that COVID is having on businesses and we are committed to supporting our community.
We ask all businesses to continue to monitor the latest government announcements and information on the following websites:
For assistance with your business please call the Economic Development Team on 03 5734 6200.
The Victorian State Government has announced a support package to assist businesses that have been affected by the recent July 2021 Covid restrictions.
Automatic payments will be made to eligible businesses and sole traders, aiming to minimise delays associated with application processes. Businesses that received previous payments via the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund and Business Costs Assistance Program will be eligible for these automatic payments.
More information on the business support is available at Business Victoria.
A summary of these programs is shown below:
1. Business Costs Assistance Program
This is for businesses directly affected by the restrictions, including restaurants and cafes, event suppliers, accommodation providers and non-essential retailers:
- $2,000 available for businesses that were closed
2. Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
This is for businesses holding an eligible liquor licence and food certificate:
- $3,000 available for businesses
3. Events Support Package
This is for operators in the events industry who have incurred losses due to restrictions
For further details please see the Victorian Events Support Package here.
Workers affected by the public health restrictions are now eligible for payments from the Commonwealth Government:
- Payments of $600 will be made to Victorians that lose 20 hours or more of work during the period of the lockdown
- Payments of $375 will be made to individuals that lose between 8-20 hours of work during the period of the lockdown
- There is no liquid assets test applied to receive these payments
All applications and further info can be obtained by Services Australia.
For the latest updates on restrictions see:
To slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) the Victorian Government have put together a range of information. See Coronavirus Victoria: preventing infection in the workplace.
A reminder that the Victorian Government requires every business that is open in Victoria to have a COVIDSafe Plan in place to help prevent future outbreaks of coronavirus (COVID-19). There is a template available via the link below.
Check-in mandatory for customer-facing industries
It is now mandatory for all customer-facing industries that all customers check-in in via the Victorian Governments QR Code Service. This includes in retail settings like supermarkets and shops.
Find out more about this requirement at Coronavirus Victoria — Government QR Code Service.
- Business Victoria — Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses
- Coronavirus Victoria — Signage, Posters and Templates for Businesses
- Coronavirus Victoria — Creating a COVIDSafe Plan
- Coronavirus Victoria — Preventing Infection in the Workplace
- Coronavirus Victoria — Exposure sites
- Coronavirus Victoria — Testing sites
- Coronavirus Victoria — Vaccinations
The list of premises and activities that are required to stop operations are on the Department of Health and Human Services website.
Our Environmental Health Team is available to help with advice on implementing good hygiene and safe food handling. Phone 03 5734 6200 or email email@example.com
Visit the DHHS Preventing Infection webpage for further information.
If you or someone you know are experiencing increased worry and stress during this time, there are support number services available.
Mitchell Business e-newsletter
This page was last updated on 16 July 2021.