Terms and Conditions - Seymour Health 100 years colouring competition
Terms and Conditions
- One (1) entry per person.
- Entry is open from 11am Tuesday 10 November to 11am Monday 23 November.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday 25 November via the Mitchell Shire Council Facebook page.
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 11am on Thursday 26 November, Council may opt to determine a new winner.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, corrupt or invalid submissions.
- Council reserves the right to ask for proof of age and association to the Mitchell area.
- Mitchell Shire Council has total discretion to remove an entrant if fraudulent entry or voting is suspected.
- It is mandatory that all participants adhere to the COVID-19 health and safety restrictions as established by the State Government. A disregard of social distancing guidelines and stay at home orders is against the terms and conditions of the competition.
- By entering the competition, you have agreed to all terms and conditions.
- Entrants may use photo editing software for minor image enhancements, to ensure the images they submit are the correct file size and the correct file format.
- Email entries must be delivered in JPEG or PNG format.
- By entering in this competition, you give us all rights to use any entries produced solely by the entrant indefinitely for the use of future publications.
- Entries submitted as part of this competition may be displayed by the Proponent online including (without limitation) social media and broadcast media channels, in Council print publications, and displayed at Council venues. Entries may be edited, amended and/or collated by the Proponent. As a condition of entering this Competition, entrants’ consent to having their entries, first name and suburb of residence used in these ways.
- By entering this competition, all entrants:
- Consent to the Proponent using, editing or modifying their entries to appear in Mitchell Shire Council promotional material at no cost;
- Warrant that entries submitted are an original work that does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, intellectual property or moral rights of any third party;
- Warrant that they have obtained all necessary consents to the use of the entries required by these Entry Requirements bona fide.
Competition opens 11am Tuesday 10 November AEST and closes 11am Monday 23 November AEST.
Who can enter?
- Entrants must be no older than 12 years of age to enter the competition and be considered for a prize.
- Entries received from individuals under the age of 18 must be authorised and signed by a parent and or legal guardian.
- Mitchell Shire Council staff, contractors and Councillors immediate family are not eligible for entry to the competition. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or stepchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
- Entry to the competition is free.
How to enter?
- Entries must be submitted as
> a scanned copy in a JPEG, PNG, PDF format, or;
> a hard copy to be dropped off at any of the library branches.
- For both email and drop off entries please provide the relevant details in regard to name, age and phone.
- Entries will be accepted from 11am Tuesday 10 November.
- Entries close at 11am Monday 23 November.
- Any entries submitted after the cut of date and time will be considered ineligible.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property.
- No names will be attached to any work during the judging process.
- Final judging will be determined by a panel of judges consisting of members from Seymour Health, Seymour Customer and Library Service Centre, Go Seymour and the Mitchell Shire council on Wednesday 25 November.
- Judging criteria will focus on;
> Colour combination
> Overall appearance
- Judges will choose three (3) poll position winners for each age bracket.
- All decisions are final unless a winner cannot be contacted by 11am Thursday 26 November.
Prizes are as follows:
7 and under
- 1st place – Teddy bear
- 2nd place - Teddy bear
- 3rd place - Teddy bear
12 and under
- 1st place - Teddy bear
- 2nd place - Teddy bear
- 3rd place - Teddy bear
Prizes are not otherwise transferable or exchangeable. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize in this form.
Where a winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, their prize will be awarded to the winner in the company of their parent or legal guardian.
Mitchell Shire Council are committed to compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data protection Act 2014 (Vic). All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent and Mitchell Shire Council will be used for the Council’s business purposes and kept confidential except as permitted in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry. These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought. You may access information you have provided to the Council at any time and make corrections if you believe that information is incorrect. Copies of the Council’s Information Privacy and Security Policy, together with details of how you may contact Council, are located on Council’s website at www.mitchellshire.vic.gov.au.
This page was last updated on 11 November 2020.