Terms and Conditions - Mitchell Shire Youth Photography Competition
Terms and conditions
- One entry per person. The theme is “Gratitude.”
- Entry is open from Monday 14 September 2020 and close on Friday 9 October 2020.
- Winners will be announced via Youth Services social media pages by Wednesday 18 November 2020 at 12pm AEST.
- Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain parent or guardian consent to enter this competition.
- Where a person is capable of being identified in a photograph, the entrant must obtain that person’s consent to be photographed and to enter the competition. Evidence of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, corrupt or invalid submissions.
- All entries can be displayed by Council during the competition period (Monday 14 September – Saturday 14 November) and winning pieces will be displayed for an extra month (14 November – 14 December 2020).
- Council reserves the right to ask for proof of age and association to the Mitchell area.
- By entering the competition, you have agreed to all terms and conditions.
Competition opens Monday 14 September 2020 9am AEST and closes Saturday 14th November 2020 5pm AEST.
Who can enter?
Any young person aged 12-24 who live, work or study in Mitchell.
- Submit your entry via the Mitchell Shire Council website's Youth Photo Competition page.
- Your photograph must be sent in one of the following file types JPG, PNG, GIF, PDF file.
- Photographs accepted must be a minimum 2GB and a maximum 10GB.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property.
- Entry is free.
- No names will be attached to any work during the judging process.
- Members of the judging panel are not permitted to submit an entry.
- Final judging will be determined by Mitchell Shire Council’s Youth Team on Friday 23 October 2020.
- Winners will be announced on (Monday 26 October 2020) 2020 via Council website and Mitchell Youth Services Facebook page at 12:00pm AEST.
- All decisions are final.
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 7th November 2020, Council may opt to conduct further judging to determine a new winner.
- If a prize has not been claimed by 7th November 2020, the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to conduct further judging to award the unclaimed prize.
- Judging criteria will be scored out of 10 for each:
- Presentation– having that finished look. Was the Photo Entry truly ready to be entered or were some finishing touches still required?
- Creativity– how the Entrant was able to convey their idea, message or thought in an original and imaginative way through their lens?
- Subject Matter– was the subject matter displayed in the photo appropriate to the story being told in the Photo Entry submitted and does it fully represent the Sponsor’s promotional theme?
- Story Telling– how the Entrant is able to let their Photo Entry evoke the viewer’s imagination, which may differ by each viewer. Is the story being told the right story for the Sponsor and their brand?
- There is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize awarded for each category.
- Prizes are as follows:
- People’s Choice. Instax Square SQ6 Instant Camera - 1:1 square format Instax SQUARE SQ6 captures the beauty in each and every moment, so that you can cherish those memories for a lifetime.
- 1st place - E-Gift card to the value of $100
- 2nd place - E-Gift card to the value of $70
- 3rd place - E-Gift card to the value of $30
This page was last updated on 15 September 2020.