Terms and Conditions - Flat Lay Youth Photography Competition
Terms and conditions
- The competition is being run and managed by Mitchell Shire Council.
- Entrants must live, work or study in Mitchell Shire.
- Entry is free.
- One entry per person.
- People aged under 18 years must obtain parent or guardian consent to enter this competition
- By uploading your submission, you have agreed to all terms and conditions.
- Where a person is capable of being identified in a photograph, the entrant must obtain that person’s consent to be photographed and to enter the competition. Evidence of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, corrupt or invalid submissions.
- Mitchell Shire Council has total discretion to remove an entrant if fraudulent entry or voting is suspected or if the entrant has not complied with the terms and conditions.
- All decisions are final.
- Failure by Mitchell Shire Council to enforce any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions of Entry at any stage, does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Council reserves the right to ask for proof of age and association to the Mitchell area.
- Entries may be displayed by Council during the competition period (Friday 18 December 2020 to Friday 22 January 2021). Winning pieces will be displayed for an extra month (Saturday 23 January 2021 to Tuesday 23 February 2021).
- Entries may also be edited or modified for use in Council's ongoing emergency management education initiatives including third party platforms.
- Although the competition is being promoted on social media, this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram or other promotional platforms.
- By entering the competition, you have agreed to all terms and conditions.
Entry is open from 9am, Friday 18 December 2020 to 10am, Friday 29 January 2021 (AEST).
Who can enter?
- The competition is open to young people aged 12-24 who live, work or study in Mitchell Shire.
- Mitchell Shire Council staff, contractors and Councillors and their immediate family are not eligible for entry to the competition. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or stepchild, parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Enter by loading your flat lay photo through our online entry form.
- Your photograph must be sent in one of the following file types JPG, PNG, GIF, or TIFF file.
- Photographs cannot be larger than 10GB. Please keep a copy of any photographs submitted online in the highest resolution possible.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property or moral rights.
- Entrants may use photo editing software for minor image enhancements and to ensure the images they submit are the correct file size and the correct file format.
- All image details are final at the time of submission of an entry. Entrants are unable to make edits to an image once an entry has been submitted.
- The winner will receive a set of Apple Airpods valued at $249.
- Prizes are not otherwise transferable or exchangeable.
- No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize in this form.
- Winners will be selected by a random draw.
- Winners will be announced at 2pm on Friday 22 January 2021 via Mitchell Shire Youth Services Facebook page (AEST).
- Winners will be contacted by email. If a winner cannot be contacted by 10am on Friday 29 January 2021, the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to determine a new winner.
- If the number of entries received is equal to a number less than prizes available, Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to hold additional prizes for distribution at a later date or as part of a similar competition.
Personal information collected by Council is used for municipal purposes as specified in the Local Government Act 2020 or other relevant legislation.
All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent and Mitchell Shire Council will be used for the Council’s business purposes and kept confidential except as permitted in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry.
These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought.
You may access information you have provided to the Council at any time and make corrections if you believe that information is incorrect.
If you agree to these terms and conditions, head back to the Youth Flat Lay Photo Competition page.
This page was last updated on 18 January 2021.