Terms and conditions — community-life activity and event support program
The Community-life activity and event support program is being run and managed by Mitchell Shire Council.
By completing the expression of interest form you have agreed to all terms and conditions.
Personal information collected by Council is used for municipal purposes as specified in the Local Government Act 2020 or other relevant legislation. All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent and Mitchell Shire Council will be used for the Council’s business purposes and kept confidential except as permitted in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry.
These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought. You may access information you have provided to the Council at any time and make corrections if you believe that information is incorrect.
Terms and Conditions
- Funds will be assigned by a ballot system. Funds will be allocated across areas of Mitchell Shire in accordance with the Forecast ID Small Areas population data, with eligible expressions of interest for each area going into a ballot draw. Where allocation of funds is not exhausted due to ineligibility or lack of expressions of interest Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to not allocate all funds.
- Mitchell Shire Council reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not meet the objectives of applicable Council strategies and plans or request that an entry be modified to meet eligibility.
- Funds will be made available expressly for funding the activity described within the community groups expression of interest/ application and are non-transferable.
- Funds will be required to be acquitted by the 30th June 2022 or as by a date agreed between the community group and Mitchell Shire Council.
- COVID requirements apply to all funded activities including QR Code Check-in and mandatory vaccination requirements.
- All written communication including emails, flyers, invitations, forms and social media for the funded activity must include the following acknowledgement: “Supported by Mitchell Shire Council”.
- Use of funds must clearly support the eligible activity.
- Entering into a written agreement with Mitchell Shire Council to deliver the approved activity forms part of the eligibility to receive funds.
Entries will open 9am Friday 26 November 2021 and close 9am on Wednesday 16 February 2022.
At the conclusion of each round a ballot will take place and winners will be notified by email and sms/phone. Where expressions of interest exceed available allocation in each geographic location, eligible entries will be entered into a ballot. Funds will normally paid into the nominated bank account within 2 weeks. Delays due to reduced service over the Christmas period may apply.
- Groups must meet all the following eligibility criteria
- Community groups who are registered incorporated associations or non-profit organisations
- Groups/ organisations must have a significant presence in Mitchell Shire consisting of:
- Having activities, events or services that are delivered within Mitchell Shire
- Providing a tangible benefit to the Mitchell Shire community
- Funds cannot be used for activities that have already taken place prior to notification of a successful application
This page was last updated on 8 February 2022.