Animals of Mitchell Shire Photo Competition
Animals of Mitchell Shire photo competition
- The “Animals of Mitchell Shire Photo Competition” (Competition) is being run and managed by Mitchell Shire Council, 113 High Street, Broadford 3658 (Proponent).
- Entrance to the Competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Failure by the Proponent to enforce any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions of Entry at any stage, does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Proponent may disqualify any entrant deemed not complying with the Terms and Conditions of Entry and the Entry Requirements in the total discretion of the Proponent.
- Entry to the Competition is achieved by uploading an original photo of your pet in a mask or face covering Animals of Mitchell Shire Facebook Page, in accordance with the Entry Requirements during the Promotional Period.
- Please only put a mask on your pet if safe to do so. Please don’t mask a pet that isn’t going to be happy about it and don’t leave a mask on a pet longer than needed to take a quick photo.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Entries must be submitted to the Competition during the campaign period from 6pm on Wednesday 29 July 2020 to 5pm on Monday 31 August 2020 (Promotional Period).
- Winner will be chosen by judging panel consisting of Mitchell Shire Council Local Laws Administration team.
- Winners will be announced on the Mitchell Shire Council website and the Council’s social media channels after 12noon on Friday 4 September 2020.
Who can enter
- Entries received from individuals under the age of 18 must be authorised and signed by a parent and or legal guardian.
- Mitchell Shire Council staff, contractors and Councillors immediate family are not eligible for entry to the competition. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or stepchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entry to the Competition is free.
- There is a limit of three (3) image entries per person.
- Photographs must:
a. Taken by the person submitting the photo or with their permission.
b. Display an animal that is not in distress or suffering
c. Be clear resolution
d. Not contain any content that: is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory, profane or pornographic, involves nudity, promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Proponent or its partners, other companies or people; contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities, and/or other public or private figure, living or dead, without permission; communicates messages or images inconsistent with positive images and or goodwill; and/or violates any law.
- Entrants may use photo editing software for minor image enhancements and to ensure the images they submit are the correct file size and the correct file format.
- All image details are final at the time of submission of an entry. Entrants are unable to make edits to an image once an entry has been submitted.
- Entrants are required to retain a copy of any photographs submitted online in the highest resolution possible.
- Photographs may only be submitted via the Animals of Mitchell Shire Facebook Page.
- Hard copy entries received by the Proponent will be disqualified for lack of compliance with these Entry Requirements.
- Photographs submitted as part of this competition may be displayed by the Proponent online including (without limitation) social media and broadcast media channels, in Council print publications, and displayed at Council venues. Photographs may be edited, amended and/or collated by the Proponent. As a condition of entering this Competition, entrants consent to having their photograph(s), first name and suburb of residence used in these ways.
- By entering this competition, all entrants:
a. Consent to the Proponent using, editing or modifying their photograph(s) to appear in Mitchell Shire Council promotional material at no cost;
b. Warrant that photographs submitted are an original work that does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, intellectual property or moral rights of any third party; warrant that they have
c. Obtained all necessary consents to the use of the photograph(s) required by these Entry Requirements bona fide;
- To enter, eligible entrants must submit their entry during the Promotional Period on the promotion website by providing their details in all mandatory fields (as indicated) on the online entry form. Modification of an existing photo does not qualify as an original photo for the purposes of these Entry Requirements.
Determination and prize information
- Winners will be selected by the Proponent in its total discretion and be published on Council’s social media accounts and website from 12noon on Friday 7 August 2020.
- One photo will be selected as the major prize winner based decision from judging panel consisting of Mitchell Shire Council Local Laws Administration team.
- Mitchell Shire Council has total discretion to remove an entrant if fraudulent voting is suspected.
- An entrant can only win one (1) prize.
- The prizes for the Animals of Mitchell Shire Photo competition are:
- Major prize * A $100 voucher to be used at a pet supply business of the winner’s choice in Mitchell Shire.
- Runner up one prize. * A $60 voucher to be used at a pet supply business of the winner’s choice in Mitchell Shire.
- Runner up two prize. * A $40 voucher to be used at a pet supply business of the winner’s choice in Mitchell Shire.
- The prize winners will be announced on the Animals of Mitchell Shire Facebook page and the Proponent’s social media channels after 12pm on Friday 4 September 2020. Winners will be contacted via the Facebook page they used to post their submission.
- Prizes are not otherwise transferable or exchangeable. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize in this form.
- Where a winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, their prize will be awarded to the winner in the company of their parent or legal guardian.
Privacy - collection notice
PRIVACY – COLLECTION NOTICE
Mitchell Shire Council are committed to compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data protection Act 2014 (Vic). All personal information (including images) collected by the Proponent and Mitchell Shire Council will be used for the Council’s business purposes and kept confidential except as permitted in the above Terms and Conditions of Entry. These details will not be disclosed to third parties unless the Council is required to disclose the information under other legislation or disclosure is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is sought. You may access information you have provided to the Council at any time and make corrections if you believe that information is incorrect. Copies of the Council’s Information Privacy and Security Policy, together with details of how you may contact Council, are located on Council’s website at www.mitchellshire.vic.gov.au.
This page was last updated on 30 July 2020.