Mitchell FReeZA is a program that provides opportunities for young people aged 12 to 25 to organise and participate in art, music and cultural events that are safe and drug and alcohol-free.
The program gives all participants hands-on experience and training in the Australian Music industry throughout extensive event management, mentoring and networking opportunities. See the FReeZa Application Kit below.
Events and activities that organised through the Mitchell FReeZA program include:
- live music and DJ events
- skateboarding, BMX and/or scooter competitions or clinics
- art and photography exhibitions, competitions or workshops
- theatre shows or workshops.
Join the FReeZA Committee
The FReeZA committee is responsible for producing, promoting and evaluating all events within Mitchell Shire. The program is facilitated by Mitchell Youth Services’, Youth Development Officer, who will coordinate the program and provide relevant resources and support.
In order to apply for the committee you must:
- be aged between 12–25
- live, work or study in Mitchell Shire
- be able to attend at least 80% of weekly FReeZA committee meetings (held weekly)
- be able to attend at least 80% of training sessions and activities.
What will I learn from being on the committee?
Throughout weekly meetings, committee members will develop skills and further there portfolio in an extensive range of areas including:
- event management
- promotions and marketing
- graphic design
- video editing and production
- artist liaison and bookings
- stage management
- technical and sound production
- occupational health and safety
- art and culture.
FReeZa Committee application form
If you have an idea for a FReeZA event or activity or if you'd like to get involved contact Mitchell Youth Services on 03 5734 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on 1 March 2021.