How Youth Council works
There are usually 9 Youth Councillors between the Shire wards — North, Central, and South.
Additional positions may also be created to ensure the Youth Council represents a diversity of views and experience.
Council’s Youth Development Officer facilitates the Youth Council meetings and activities. Special guests, such as the Mayor, CEO and Senior Councillors attend meetings from time to time.
As a Youth Councillor you will be asked to attend:
- Youth Council meetings fortnightly
- events/functions (on occasions) including Council meetings when required
- occasional Councillor dinners prior to Mitchell Shire Council meeting
- leadership and development training
- Youth Council Induction day
For more information regarding time commitments, requirements and role definitions for the Youth Council, please refer to:
This page was last updated on 12 August 2022.