Mitchell FReeZA is a program that provides opportunities for young people aged 12 to 24 to organise and participate in art, music and cultural events that are safe and drug and alcohol-free.
The program gives all participants hands-on experience and training in the Australian Music industry through extensive event management, mentoring and networking opportunities. See the FReeZa Application Kit below.
Events and activities organised through the Mitchell FReeZA program include:
- live music and DJ events
- skateboarding, BMX and scooter competitions or clinics
- art and photography exhibitions, competitions or workshops
- theatre shows or workshops
Join the FReeZA committee
The FReeZA committee is responsible for producing, promoting and evaluating all events within Mitchell Shire. The program is facilitated by Mitchell Youth Services’ Youth Development Officer, who will coordinate the program and provide relevant resources and support.
To apply for the committee, you must:
- be aged between 12–24
- live, work or study in Mitchell Shire
- be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check and a Police Check provided by Mitchell Youth Services
What will I learn from being on the committee?
Throughout weekly meetings, committee members will develop skills and further their portfolio in an extensive range of areas, including:
- event management
- promotions and marketing
- graphic design
- video editing and production
- artist liaison and bookings
- stage management
- technical and sound production
- occupational health and safety
- art and culture
FReeZa committee application form
If you have an idea for a FReeZA event or activity or if you'd like to get involved contact Mitchell Youth Services on 03 5734 6200 or email email@example.com
This page was last updated on 28 March 2022.