Skip to main content
Your rates

Pensioner Rebates

The State Government provides pensioners with a rebate off their rates and charges. If you hold a current pensioner concession card you may be able to claim a rebate on your Council rates. The rebate is adjusted annually in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI).

Are you eligible?

To be eligible you must meet these requirements:

  • the property must be your sole or principal place of residence
  • you must hold a valid DHS Pension Concession Card, DVA Pension Concession Card or DVA Gold Card (TPI or War Widow)
  • your property address that the concession relates to must be the same as the address stated on your pension card
  • you must be the person liable for payment of the rates and charges
  • your property must be used exclusively for residential purposes
  • you must not have claimed a rebate on any other property in the same financial year

For more information about concessions, go to the Department of Health and Human Services website.

Claiming a pension rebate

To apply:

If you have previously applied and your circumstances have not changed, the rebate will automatically be applied to your rates each year.

Please advise Council if your circumstances have changed and you are no longer eligible for a rebate.

Note: Holders of Health Care Cards are not eligible for a rebate.

This page was last updated on 12 June 2019.