Resource recovery centres
All Resource Recovery Centres are closed on days of total fire ban and code red days. They are also closed on the following public holidays: Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday.
Click on a Resource Recovery Centre location to view opening hours.
- Broadford Resource Recovery CentreResource Recovery CentreMia Mia Road, BroadfordOpen Tuesday to Sunday from 12 noon to 4pm.
- Pyalong Resource Recovery CentreResource Recovery CentreLadderhill Road, PyalongOpen Monday from 9am to 1pm and Sunday from 12 noon to 4pm.
- Seymour Resource Recovery Centre (temporary site)Resource Recovery Centre470 Seymour-Tooborac Road, HilldeneOpen Monday from 10am to 3pm and Saturday from 9am to 12 noon.
- Wallan Resource Recovery CentreResource Recovery Centre4-5 Freeway Drive Wallan Industrial Estate, WallanOpen Thursday to Tuesday from 10am to 4pm.
About fees and charges
Bring photo ID to obtain resident/ratepayer fees. Mitchell Shire property owners who live elsewhere should bring photo ID and a current rate notice in the same name and address.
EFTPOS is available at all Resource Recovery Centres.
Resource Recovery Centre vouchers
Council provides resource recovery centre vouchers each year with your rates notice.
Your rates notice contains a barcode that can be scanned up to 3 times at any of our Resource Recovery Centres. Each scan is worth $20 and the vouchers expires on 30 September each year.
Bring your voucher and proof of ID when you visit a Resource Recovery Centre. If your load exceeds the value of your Resource Recovery Centre voucher you will need to pay the difference.
Terms and Conditions
Vouchers are not transferable for cash, cannot be redeemed or used for payment of any other Council account.
Not Accepted at Resource Recovery Centres
Our Resource Recovery Centres don’t accept:
- soluble chemical wastes
- hazardous or liquid wastes
- asbestos products
- flammable materials
- commercial waste loads
- over 3 cubic metres of concrete or bricks
- car bodies
- loads in excess of 4m3
- loads containing hazardous materials
We accept tree trimmings, bushes and other garden waste.
Natural wood and tree branches (must be under 300mm in diameter) and grass clippings must be sorted from non-green waste items before arrival. Green waste must be free of garbage, wire and declared noxious weeds. Any loads containing items other than green waste will be charged accordingly.
E-waste refers to unwanted electronic goods such as computers, TVs and DVD players. Up to 98% of e-waste materials are able to be recovered and recycled for reuse in the manufacturing of new products. E-waste can be deposited at all of Council’s Resource Recovery Centres free of charge.
Council operates a Reuse Shop at the Wallan Resource Recovery Centre on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm.
This shop resells many household items that can still be used such as:
- gardening items
- baby furniture
EFTPOS is available.
Hanson Landfill, Wollert
Hanson Landfill accepts household, commercial, industrial and demolition waste. It can also take contaminated soil (category C), any solid inert waste and asbestos.
For more information about pricing, operating hours and other services go to the Hanson website.