Skip to main content
COVID-19 Coronavirus
Latest service changes: Seymour Resource Recovery Centre closed. Reduced hours at Pyalong. Extended hours at Broadford. No change to kerbside collections.
View full list of service updates including previous announcements
Waste and resource recovery

Bulk rubbish containers (skips)

Skip bins on private land do not require a permit under the Local Law.

Placing a Skip or Shipping Container on Public Land

If you are planning to place a skip bin or shipping container on Council land you need to apply for a permit.

Apply for a Permit for a One-off Placement of a Skip

To apply:

Site Inspections for Public Safety

We may inspect the proposed site and make sure that the skip won’t obscure sightlines, access or cause damage to any public place. If we issue a permit it may include conditions.

Find out more about the Code of Practice for the placement of waste bins on roadsides VicRoads: Guidelines for placements of skips on roadsides

More information

This page was last updated on 23 January 2020.