Who manages roads in our Shire
Management of roads in Mitchell Shire
Our road network, including road pavements, culverts, bridges, kerb and channel and footpaths road shoulders and swale drains constitutes the most expensive of the infrastructure assets maintained by the Council for the community. See the Road Asset Management Plan below.
Roads in our Shire are managed by Mitchell Shire Council, VicRoads and Department of Environment, Land, Water.
Road incident claims
If you have been involved in an incident that occurred as a result of the condition of a road managed by Mitchell Shire, you can make a claim. Read and complete the Notice of Road Incident and Claim below.
VicRoads within Mitchell Shire
Vic Roads are responsible for the maintenance of the following roads within Mitchell Shire:
- Broadford Flowerdale Road
- Broadford Kilmore Road
- Epping Kilmore Road
- Goulburn Valley Highway
- Hume Highway/Freeway
- Kilmore Lancefield Road
- Lancefield Tooborac Road
- Northern Highway
- Seymour Tooborac Road
- Upper Goulburn Road
- Wallan Whittlesea Road
To report damage or a fault on Vic Roads-controlled roads please contact 131 170.
Forest Management Roads within Mitchell Shire
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning are responsible for the maintenance of the following roads within Mitchell Shire:
- Conical Hill Road (from Stokes Track to Lords Road)
- Davis Road, Jenkins Track, Jenkins No2 Track (from Cunningham Road to Horans Track)
- Flynn Rd/Willow Track (from Start Gov. Rd to end of Gov. Road)
- Freeman Road (from Pulmans Track to Gov. Road)
- Peels Road (from Leviathan Road to Reedy Creek Road)
- Reedy Creek Road (from Forest Edge to Peels Road)
To report faults on DELWP-controlled roads please contact 1800 122 969.
This page was last updated on 8 April 2019.