Drainage connection permit
If you wish to connect your private property to Council easement drainage you need to have a permit.
Types of works that require a permit are:
- property house drainage connection
- drainage network extensions through private property
If your application is approved, your permit is valid for 6 months from the date of approval.
Apply for a Permit
To apply for an easement drainage permit:
- complete the Drainage Connection Form (download below)
- provide a site plan and your contractor’s details
- bring your completed documents to one of our Customer and Library Service Centres
- pay the relevant fees and the required bond
- once approved, you will receive a signed copy of the application form and a letter from Council
For more information contact Council's Engineering Department on 03 5734 6200.
This page was last updated on 16 April 2019.