Drainage connection permit
If you wish to connect your private property to Council easement drainage you need to have a permit.
Types of works that require a permit are:
- property house drainage connection
- drainage network extensions through private property
If your application is approved, your permit is valid for 6 months from the date of approval.
Apply for a Permit
To apply for an easement drainage permit:
- complete the Drainage Connection Form (download below)
- provide a site plan and your contractor’s details
- bring your completed documents to one of our Customer Service Centres
- pay the relevant fees and the required bond
- once approved, you will receive a signed copy of the application form and a letter from Council
Completing the Work
We will ask to inspect stormwater or drainage connections before backfilling.
When work is complete you will need to apply for your bond back. See the Application for Refund - Maintenance / Outstanding Works Bond below
For more information contact Council's Engineering Department on 03 5734 6200.