Managing your garden and land
- Mitchell Shire Vegetable Planting Guide — a resource for growing veggies in Mitchell Shire
- Sustainable Gardening in Mitchell and Strathbogie Shires below — helps gardeners to make sustainable decisions when establishing and maintaining a garden
- Caring for Country — land management guide. Hard copies of the guide are available for free to landholders in north central Victoria. Send your request to email@example.com
To request a hard copy of any of these publications, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, property and postal address.
Land Management Plan
A land management plan can be called different titles including a:
- Whole Farm Plan
- Property Management Plan
- Integrated Land Management Plan
- Conservation Management Plan
Land Management Plans are developed to improve farm decision making and the management of productivity, ecological and social issues. It takes into account livelihood, lifestyle and landscape to ensure sustainability of all issues.
Council provides the below guide to assist landholders in developing, implementing and monitoring a Land Management Plan.
The benefits of planting native vegetation include:
- increasing biodiversity
- reducing soil erosion
- creating wind breaks
- reducing loss of soil moisture through evaporation
- providing habitat for native fauna
The Goulburn Broken Catchment: Revegetation Guide provides a site specific revegetation list for your property.
For revegetation lists in the North Central Catchment and Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment or a list of local native nurseries, contact our Environment Team on 03 5734 6200 or email@example.com
Request personalised information kits
We can send you a kit of environmental information tailored to your needs and interests. Topics include native vegetation, weeds and local environmental community groups. Please complete the request form below or contact us on 03 5374 6200 for more information.