Road closures due to floods and flood damage
We had more than 50 roads closed at the peak of the floods right across the shire.
We have sustained major damage to a number of bridges, drainage infrastructure and road surfaces.
As we've been able to access areas to carry out inspections, clean up and repairs, we've been able to re-open most roads and bridges. Many will need further repairs.
More rain could cause more damage.
Please drive to the conditions and never remove or drive around road closed signs.
Current road closures
The following local roads are closed due to recent storm and flood damage.
Please check VicTraffic for roads controlled by Regional Roads Victoria.
Please check DEWLP for roads and tracks controlled by DEWLP, including roads where seasonal road closures have been extended.
Last updated Friday 25 November 2022 at 3pm.
- Scrubby Camp Road (between Kennedys Lane and Heathcote-Baynton Road)
- Wells Road
- Popples Lane
- Moores Lane
Safety tips and advice
While driving around Mitchell Shire:
- take note of any road closure signs and remember these signs are there for your safety
- never tamper or move a road closure sign
- if you do need to drive, please do not enter flooded areas
- if you encounter a flooded road, turn around and find a safe alternative route
- be aware of road hazards including trees, mud, debris and damaged roads or bridges
- floodwater is dangerous - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater
- it only takes 15 centimetres for a small car to float
- if it's flooded, forget it
Report a road hazard
If you need to report an urgent road hazard on a local road please contact Council on 03 5734 6200 including after hours. For non-urgent hazards, you can make a report online.
If you need to report an urgent road hazard on a road managed by Regional Roads Victoria, please call 13 11 70.
This page was last updated on 25 November 2022.