All persons living within a community must abide by certain guidelines or laws in order to ensure:
- The wellbeing and safety of each individual
- Maintenance of a healthy natural environment for both current and future community members
Local Law No. 1 Community and Environment
The Local Law No. 1 outlines regulations governing:
Local Law No. 1 outlines permits and procedures required, as well as the relevant fines for infringement of these procedures.
- Provide for the peace, order and wellbeing of people in the municipal district by enhancing public safety and community amenity
- Provide for the safe and equitable use and enjoyment of public places
- Protect and enhance the environment and amenity of the municipality
- Regulate and control activities and behaviours which may be regarded as dangerous, unsafe or detrimental
- Allow uniform and fair administration of this Local Law
Council is not responsbile for neighbour disputes regarding trees or fences. You can find helpful information about these issues at Dispute Setllement Centre Victoria.
For Building Permits please see the Building and Renovating page
For Planning Permits please see the Statutory Planning pages
For Parking Permits please see the Parking pages
If you are planning to hold an event in Mitchell Shire, please see the Hosting an Event page