Burning off and fireworks
Burning off — materials that can't be burnt
When burning off on your property, it is important to know what materials can't be burnt.
Do not burn the following materials:
- wet materials (make sure all green waste has dried out before burning)
- non-timber building materials
- rubber or plastic, including plastic mulch, plant pots and packaging materials
- furnishings and carpet
- manufactured chemicals
- petrol or oil products
- food waste
- manure and straw
- carcasses of dead animals or birds, unless prescribed by the Department of Agriculture as the only means of disposal
- other offensive, noxious or toxic matter.
Your form is submitting…
This page was last updated on 7 June 2021.