Skip to main content
Flood, storms and landslips

Assistance during a storm or flood

Follow the warnings

Victoria State Emergency Service and the Bureau of Meteorology work together to warn the community about storms and floods.

Call for help

For flood or storm emergency assistance from SES call 132 500.

For life-threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000).

Observe road closed signs

Avoid unnecessary travel. Drive slowly, obey all roadblocks and never drive through floodwater.

For the latest list of VicRoads road closures go to VicRoads traffic or call 13 11 70.

Report a fallen tree or hazard

To report a hazard on a local road, call Council on 03 5734 6200.

To report a hazard or tree down on a road managed by VicRoads road, call 13 11 70.

Check who manages roads in our Shire.

Report damage to Council property

Contact Council or our After Hours Emergency Service to report trees down over roads, water flowing over roads with no signage in place, or damage to Council facilities — phone 03 5734 6200.

Charge your devices

If your power is out and you need to charge your mobile phone, you can drop in to one of Council's Customer and Library Services Centres during business hours and charge them up.

Power outages

Keep clear of fallen powerlines and keep others away. Take care with temporary generators. For more information about power outages go to Department Environment, Land, Water and Planning: Safety and emergencies – Power outages.

Find out more about Power Outages.

Missing or wandering animals

If you have a lost or found an animal, contact Council's Local Laws Department on 03 5734 6200.

If your fences are damaged, contain your pets in your home until they can be repaired.

Livestock and horses should be moved to another property or paddock until fences can be repaired.

See Animal management and emergencies for more information.

This page was last updated on 10 June 2021.