Ways to reduce your risk of Coronavirus
Good personal hygiene is an important protection against all respiratory illnesses.
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Maintain good social distancing practices - current advice is 1.5 metres apart
- Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough
- If you need medical attention, phone your doctor or the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep
- It is not necessary to wear a face mask if you are well
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol
- Get the flu shot (available April)
Your form is submitting…
This page was last updated on 9 July 2020.