Restrictions, Testing and other Government Information
Local testing sites
If you or your family have symptoms, no matter how mild, please get tested. Symptoms include:
- runny nose
- sore throat
- chills or sweats
- shortness of breath
- loss of sense of smell or taste
Kilmore Soldiers Memorial Hall (pop up for people without symptoms)
- 14 Sydney Street, Kilmore
- No appointment required
- Extra parking available behind the hall in Patrick Street
Victorian Government Restrictions
The Victorian Government has restrictions in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Mitchell is part of regional Victoria's restriction levels which is currently at step 3 of the roadmap to recovery.
- There are no restrictions on the reasons to leave home.
- Stay safe as restrictions ease by washing your hands regularly, wearing a face covering when you leave home, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 metres from others.
- Keep your friends and family safe by meeting outdoors. There is a lower risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19) between people if you are outdoors. Groups of up to ten people will be able to meet outdoors.
- Restrictions are easing to allow for cafes, restaurants, beauty and personal care, and some outdoor entertainment venues to open. Restaurants will open in a predominantly outdoor capacity, with a group limit of 10 people, and density limits.
- You must not travel to metropolitan Melbourne except for permitted work purposes, care and compassionate reasons or shopping for food and supplies, if necessary.
- Face coverings must be worn by all Victorians when they leave home, unless they have a lawful exception.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) get tested and stay home. Stay at home if you feel unwell.
Information from the State Government about Coronavirus, including:
- current restrictions
- support and assistance
- what to do if you feel unwell
- where to get tested
- what you can do to reduce your risk of Coronavirus infection
- what to do if you have been told to self-isolate
Other Victorian Government information
Federal Government Information
Council services and information
This page was last updated on 9 October 2020.