Locations and opening times
All Resource Recovery Centres are CLOSED on:
- days of TOTAL FIRE BAN and CODE RED days
- Christmas Day
- Good Friday
- New Years Day
- other days as advertised.
Click on a map below to launch a larger Google Map of our Resource Recovery Centre (Tip) Locations
Wallan, 4-5 Freeway Drive, Wallan Industrial Estate, Wallan, VIC, 3756
Monday: 10am - 4pm
Tuesday: 10am - 4pm
Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Seymour, Hume and Hovell Road, Seymour 3660
Monday: 12pm - 4pm
Thursday: 12pm - 4pm
Friday: 12pm - 4pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Broadford - Mia Mia Road
Wednesday: 12pm - 4pm
Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
Pyalong - Ladderhill Road, Pyalong
Monday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
Fees and Charges
Don’t forget to bring your photo ID when you visit a Resource Recovery Centre.
- Any customer wishing to pay a Resident/Ratepayer fee for waste disposal must produce proof of residence (Driver’s Licence) to the Site Operator.
- Where ratepayer resides outside of the shire a current rates notice and drivers licence in the same name must be provided.
- Loads greater than 4m3 cannot be accepted.
- EFTPOS is now available at all Resource Recovery Centres.
The following properly separated goods are FREE for Mitchell Shire residents/ratepayers to bring to the Resource Recovery Centre:
- Kerbside Recycling (find out more about what can go in your kerbside recycling bin on our Garbage and Recycling Bin page)
- Waste Motor Oil
- Fridges and White Goods
- Car Batteries
- Some Plastics (Hard plastics - such as PVC pipes less than a metre long)
Please Note: All prices are double for non-resident/non ratepayer and are GST inclusive.
|| Non Resident / Commercial
|Car Boot Load
|Single Axle Trailer - 1m3
|Single Axle Trailer - 1.5m3
|Single Axle Trailer - 2m3
|Tandem Trailer - 2m3
|Tandem Trailer- 2.5m3
|Tandem Trailer - 3-4m3
|Single/King Single Mattress or Single Couch
|Double/Queen Mattress or 2-3 Seater Couch
Want to know more about pricing for our Resource Recovery Centres? Visit our Pricing Frequently Asked Questions page
2016 RATES NOTICE TIPPING VOUCHERS
All Mitchell Shire Ratepayers are eligible to receive three tipping vouchers per rateable property for use at one of Mitchell Shire’s four Resource Recovery Centre’s (RRC). The vouchers are valid until 30 September 2017.
To redeem the voucher(s) residents must present them at an RRC. A RRC Operator will assess the waste load and advise if any additional payment is required. Load assessments will be made in accordance with Council’s adopted waste management fees for 2016-2017. RRC Operator(s) have the right to refuse loads if they contain hazardous materials and/or are in excess of 4m³.
Terms & Conditions
- Only vouchers distributed with original Rates Notices (no photocopies) will be accepted
- Presentation of proof of identification (Driver’s licence or Rates Notice showing address in Mitchell Shire) may be requested when redeeming vouchers
- Vouchers are not transferable for ‘cash’ and they cannot be redeemed or used for payment of any other Council account
- Vouchers will not be replaced if lost or destroyed
- Vouchers must not be resold
- Any waste loads in excess of the voucher value shall be charged the applicable fee difference
PLEASE NOTE: one cubic metre is generally considered to equate to a 6x4 trailer filled to the waterline (45cm from base of trailer). Trailers containing larger loads will be charged accordingly. Due to limited waste disposal storage capacity at RRCs loads greater than 4m³ cannot be accepted at any site.
not accepted at resource recovery centres
- Soluble chemical wastes
- Hazardous or liquid wastes
- Waste specified by EPA regulation
- Asbestos products
- Flammable materials
- Commercial waste loads
- Concrete or bricks over 1 tonne
- Car bodies
GREEN WASTE AND MULCH
Green waste consists of tree trimmings, bushes and other garden waste that may be disposed of at the majority of Council’s resource recovery centres.
Garden waste must be free from contamination such as garbage, wire, metals, etc. Collected garden waste is stored at the relevant sites and ground into a coarse mulch that is available free to residents.
FUEL REDUCTION GREEN WASTE DROP OFF 2016
Council will be accepting green waste free of charge at the Broadford, Wallan, Pyalong and Seymour Resource Recovery Centres for four weekends in November 2016. Residents will need to show their Driver’s Licence or rates notice at the time of dropping off their green waste. And property owners who live outside Mitchell are eligible on presentation of their rates notice and ID.
Natural wood and tree branches (under 300mm diameter) and grass clippings will need to be sorted from non-green waste items before arrival and green waste must be free of declared noxious weeds, so it can be re-used as mulch. Any loads containing items other than green waste will be charged accordingly.
The new drop-off times will help manage the volumes of green waste that are dropped off by enabling mulching and transporting to occur during the week – reducing the fire risk of large stockpiles of green waste or of mulched material.
Want to find out why we are doing a free Green Waste Drop Off on weekends? Visit our Green Waste Drop Off FAQ page.
E-waste is a term used to describe unwanted electronic goods such as computers, televisions and DVD players. By recycling e-waste, 98% of the materials are recovered and recycled to be used in the manufacturing of new products. E-waste can be deposited at all of Council’s Resource Recovery Centres for recycling at no cost.
Please be aware that the Wallan Reuse Shop will be closed to the public from Monday 12 December until February 2017. Staff are unable to sell any items to the public during this period. For further enquiries please contact Council’s Waste Management unit on 03 5734 6200.
Council operates a Reuse Shop at the Wallan Resource Recovery Centre on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am - 4pm.
This shop resells many household items that can still be used such as:
- Books, records, CDs
- Gardening items
- Baby furniture
Please note sales are cash only.
Hanson Landfill, Wollert
Hanson Landfill accepts household, commercial, industrial and demolition waste. It can also take contaminated soil (category C), any solid inert waste and asbestos.
The transfer station at Wollert conducts recycling for a range of objects and materials:
- Engine oil in domestic quantities (maximum of twenty litres per person)
- Car batteries
- Truck and car tyres (charges apply, as tyres must be removed from site)
- Plastic bottles and cans
- All metals
For more information regarding pricing, operating hours and other services visit the Hanson website