Kerbside Recycling and Bin Collection

Collection schedules, bin replacement and what goes in your recycle bin

Your Rubbish and Recycling Bins

When is my bin collected?

Domestic garbage bins are collected weekly, while your recycling bins are collected on alternate fortnights.

To find out your recycling day, download the 2017 Waste and Recycling Calendar (PDF, 810K)

To ensure an efficient garbage and recycling collection:

  • Place bins out for collection the night before
  • Remove bins from the kerbside as soon as possible after being emptied to avoid theft or damage
  • Do not place bins too close to trees, light poles or parked cars. Bins need to be at least 1 metre apart
  • Do not overfill bins; lids should fully close to avoid litter and scavenging by birds


  • Broadford
  • Pyalong Township
  • Tooborac Township
  • Tallarook including School House Lane
  • Northwood Rd, Northwood


  • Seymour Area bounded by: Wimble St (west of Oak St), Station St, Emily St, Avenel Rd, Tarcombe Rd, Highlands Rd.
  • Reedy Creek Rd
  • Sunday Creek Rd
  • Broadford-Wallan Rd
  • Waterford Park
  • Wandong
  • Heathcote Junction


  • Kilmore  


  • Seymour Area bounded by: Wimble St (east of Oak St), Anzac Ave, Gordon St, Kobyboyn Rd, Telegraph Rd
  • Broadford-Epping Rd
  • Wallan East
  • Wallara Waters
  • Beveridge
  • Camerons Lane
  • Old Sydney Rd
  • Hansens Rd
  • Kilmore East & O'Grady's Rd
  • Upper Plenty


  • Northern Highway Kilmore to Wallan
  • Between High Street and the Hume in Wallan
  • Hidden Valley and Springridge

What can go into your recycling bin (yellow lid)

Containers do not need to be rinsed but need to be empty as food and liquid contaminate the recycling process.

Recyclables should be placed loosely in the bin and not in plastic bags. Your recycle bin must not be overfilled; the bin lid should be able to fully close.

  • Glass bottles and jars
  • Plastic bottles with recycling symbols 1 to 7
  • Plastic containers with recycling symbols 1 to 7
  • Plastic milk and cream bottles
  • Steel, aluminium and aerosol cans
  • Newspaper, magazines and cardboard
  • Milk and juice cartons
  • Pizza boxes and disposable coffee cups
  • Steel pots and pans
  • Plastic toys, pots and containers
  • Phone books
  • Plastic plant pots


Ordering New bins

For new homes or premises; you must complete a New Garbage and Recycling Collection Service Form (PDF, 258K) The form must be completed by the property owner. The form requires a copy of the Certificate of Occupancy for new premises.

What do I do if my bin is stolen or damaged?

All Rubbish and Recycling Bins remain the property of Mitchell Shire Council. If your bins have been lost, stolen or removed by the previous tenant; you are required to complete a Statutory Declaration in order to be granted a replacement bin.

The Statutory Declaration must include the following details:

  • Your name
  • Your contact phone number
  • The address where the bin/bins are missing from.
  • The type of bin missing, garbage or recycling or both.

For broken bins, rubbish or recycling bin not emptied or other queries please contact Cleanaway on 03 5831 6270 .