Emergency Services Phone
- Ambulance, Fire, Police: 000
- State Emergency Service (SES): 132 500
- Lifeline (24 hours): 131 114
- Maternal and Child Health Advice Line: 132 229
- Poisons Information Centre: 131 126
- Crime Stoppers & Hoon Hotline: 1800 333 000
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line: 1800 240 667
- Mitchell Shire After Hours Service: 03 5734 6200
Agriculture Victoria - Pets and Emergencies
Agriculture Victoria - Horses and livestock in emergencies
Emergency Relief and Recovery Victoria
Department of Health - Extreme Heat and Heatwaves
VicGov Better Health Channel
Department of Human Services
The Victorian Government has formal arrangements for the broadcast of emergency warnings and information to the community.
During emergencies, Victoria's emergency broadcasters will broadcast information, including updates and community alerts, which will help the public to make decisions based on the advice of the emergency services.
If necessary, emergency warnings will interrupt normal programming on the radio and television station.
The only two ‘approved' emergency broadcast ABC stations that cover all of Mitchell shire are: 774 AM (774 Melbourne)and 621 AM (Radio National).
Fire Ready Smart Phone App
The FireReady smartphone application provides access to timely and accurate incident and fire safety information on your smartphone or compatible tablet device. The app was developed by the Department of Justice and Victoria's fire services to deliver critical emergency information and community safety advice to smartphone and tablet devices. Since launching in 2010, the app has been downloaded by over 450,000 users and has delivered millions of push notifications of emergency incidents and warnings.
Download the Fireready app for Apple at the iTunes Store
Download the Fireready app for Android at the Google Play Store
Emergency AUS Smartphone App
Emergency AUS Delivers warning and incident information issued by official agencies across Australia
The great thing about this App is that it includes emergencies other than fire.
- Official emergency information is sourced from state and federal emergency agencies and provided in real-time.
- View information on the map or in a list
- Sort lists by distance from your current location, time or event status
- National parity applied to warnings and incident terminology for a cohesive national and local picture
- Links to the official information sources provided
- Access to state and territory warnings and Total Fire Ban notifications Australia wide
- Multi hazard / multi risk incident and warnings information including:
- Structure Fire
- Planned Burns
- Smoke hazard
- Hazardous Material
Download the Emergency AUS app for Apple at the iTunes Store
Download the Emergency AUS for Android at the Google Play Store
Mitchell Shire Fire Information Page
Animals of Mitchell Shire Page
Follow CFA on Twitter
Follow Mitchell Shire on Twitter