Local support services
There are a variety of financial and practical support options for people and businesses impacted by COVID-19, including:
- Financial support
- Emergency food relief
- Extreme hardship support
To access streamlined support, people can phone the Victorian Government COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398 and follow the prompts for support including payments, emergency food relief, social isolation and other support.
Visit Victorian Government financial support information for financial.
You can also contact service providers directly for assistance on the information below.
Mental health support
The Victorian Government has links to a range of information and resources to support mental health and wellbeing including tips for managing isolation.
- Victorian Government online mental health support hub
- Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service, or phone Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348
- Wellbeing and mental health support for small businesses
- For 24-7 support if you are experiencing a personal crisis or have suicidal thoughts, please visit the LifeLine website or phone 13 11 14
- For phone and online counselling for young people aged 5 to 25, visit the Kids Help Line website or phone 1800 55 1800.
Family violence crisis response and support
Information about how to access family violence support services for yourself or someone you know.
- Beyond HousingService partner54 Tallarook Street, Seymour03 5735 2000Emergency accommodation; transitional housing; community housing; social housing (Tenancy Plus; Indigenous Tenancies at Risk); private rental.
- FamilyCareService partner64 High Street, Seymour5734 1000 - Wallan; 5734 4600 - SeymourChildFirst; family violence – children, men and women; men’s counselling; carer support services; disability IntroRec support services; child and family support services.
- Goulburn Options Inc.Service partner28 High Street, Seymour03 5792 3192Disability support services, including NDIS services; support coordination; daily living and in-home support; social and community participation; and individual and group activities.
- Lower Hume Primary Care PartnershipService partner22 Callen Street, SeymourA voluntary alliance of health and human service organisations, ‘working together for healthy communities’.
- Nexus Primary HealthService partner7-11 High Street, Wallan1300 77 33 52Alcohol and other drugs; counselling services; family violence – children, men and women; financial counselling; gambler’s help financial counselling; general practitioners; mental health support services; community support – personal care services in the home, meals on wheels, home maintenance.
- Seymour HealthService partner1 Bretonneux Street, Seymour03 5793 6100COVID 19 testing and urgent care; inpatient medical; emergency.
- The Bridge Youth ServiceService partner54 Tallarook Street, Seymour03 5799 1298Youth specific support in: housing assistance; school and education support; mentoring; family and relationship support; pregnancy, parenting and family support; early Intervention for AOD.
- The Kilmore and District HospitalService partnerAnderson Road, Kilmore03 5734 2000COVID-19 testing and urgent care; maternity care including domiciliary services; inpatient medical; aged care services including respite; district nursing and hospital in the home.
Documents available for download
This page was last updated on 19 July 2021.