Free rapid antigen test kits
Stay home if you have symptoms
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not collect RATs until you are well. If you can’t get to a location, a guardian or carer can collect your free RATs for you.
Free Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) are available for priority and high-risk community members in Mitchell.
You are eligible to collect RATs if:
- you are 70 years or older
- a Concession Card holder
- a person with a disability
- a carer of an eligible person
Please show your concession, Seniors or disability card to staff to collect your free RATs or let us know you are 70 years or older or immunocompromised.
20 tests (4 kits) are available each visit for people with a disability and carers collecting the tests on behalf of people with a disability.
- NDIS participants
- Disability support pensioners
- People with a disability who receive a Transport Accident Commission benefit.
5 tests (1 kit) are available each visit for people 70 years or older, immunocompromised people and people with concession cards.
Eligible concession cards are:
- Seniors card
- Pensioner Concession card
- Commonwealth Senior Health Care card
- Health Care card
- Low Income Health Care card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold, White or Orange cards.
If multiple people are listed on any of these listed cards, they are entitled to receive free RATs.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not go to a council location to collect your free RATs. Instead, please collect free RATs at testing sites which you can find through the Victorian Government's coronavirus website.
For more information about getting tested and reporting a positive RAT result, visit the Department of Health website.
Alternatively you can call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 675 398.
- Greater Beveridge Community CentreHalls & rooms for hire & Neighbourhood centreCorner Lithgow Street and Mandalay Circuit, Beveridge03 5734 6395The Greater Beveridge Community Centre is a vibrant, inviting and accessible space available for community use and home to a range of services.
- Broadford Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & Library113 High St, Broadford03 5734 6200Customer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Broadford library enquiries phone 03 5734 6452.
- Kilmore Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & Library12 Sydney St, KilmoreCustomer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Kilmore library enquiries phone 03 5734 6451.
- Seymour Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & Library125 Anzac Avenue, SeymourCustomer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Seymour library enquiries phone 03 5734 6453.
- Wallan Customer and Library Service CentreCustomer and Library Service Centres, Customer Service Centre & LibraryWellington Square Shopping Centre, WallanCustomer service enquiries phone 03 5734 6200. Wallan library enquiries phone 03 5734 6454.
This page was last updated on 6 December 2022.