Skip to main content
Community facilities for hire

Book a Council park

If you are planning to hold a gathering or event in a park managed by Council you need to make a booking.

You will need to make a park bookings if your event is a:

  • social gatherings with portable structures being erected such as marquees or jumping castles
  • occasion with 50+ attendees
  • commitment ceremony/wedding
  • organised sport and recreation activity

Apply to Book a Park — Events and Weddings

You can make a one-off casual booking or apply for a regular slot over a period of time.

We will assess your application. If it is successful you will need to:

  • pay the relevant fee and bond, which is security against damage to the facility
  • meet the requirements that are explained in Parks Hire Terms and Conditions of Use (download below)

Running Fitness Training Sessions in a Park

If you are a personal trainer or commercial fitness provider, you will need to:

  • complete a Commercial Health and Fitness Provider Application Form (download below)
  • provide proof of the following documents:
    • Certificate of Currency of Public Liability Insurance (minimum $20M)
    • Personal or group trainer registration for all trainers who will be using the venue
    • Certificate of Professional Indemnity Insurance
    • Registration with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia
  • return the documents to Mitchell Shire Council; or
  • return the documents in person at one of our Customer and Library Service Centres

Council Parks are public places and cannot be booked for your exclusive use. Booking a park helps to avoid clashes with other activities and events.

If your booking is confirmed you will need to:

More Information

This page was last updated on 23 August 2021.