Information about your visits
What to bring to your appointment?
- your baby's green Child Health Record Book
- a plastic bag for used nappies
- a change of clothes for your baby - including spare nappies
- a cloth nappy or wrap for laying on scales
How often should I visit?
You will be asked to see your maternal & child health nurse at 10 key ages and stages in your child’s health, learning and development. These include:
- following discharge from hospital (home visit)
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3.5 years
For more information on what you can expect at each visit, please visit Better Heath.
Families can also access the service at other times by phone or by booked appointment. For appointments call 03 5734 6253 during business hours (leave a message). Or you can email email@example.com. Interpreters are available.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) current advice
Please note that as a Department of Health directive, you will need to wear a mask whilst attending your MCH appointments. You will receive a risk screening text message the night before your appointment. We are a well-baby service, if you or your baby are unwell please call 03 5734 6253 to reschedule.
Please do not attend the centre if:
- you or anyone in your household has been diagnosed as COVID-19 positive
- anyone in your household has had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or is being tested for COVID-19
- if you or your child have experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours:
- dry cough
- shortness of breath
- loss of taste or smell
- any other flu-like symptoms.
This page was last updated on 3 October 2022.