Kindergarten application process and key dates
About the application process
Applications for the current year
If you wish to apply for a place in the current year you can do so by contacting us on 03 5734 6200.
- Applications closed 1 June 2022
- Offers will be emailed by end of June
- Applications close 1 July 2022
- Offers will be emailed by end of July
- Applications close 1 August 2022
- Offers will be emailed by end of August 2022
Any applications received after 1 August will be processed as received.
Confirming your child’s place at kindergarten
Offers will be emailed to parents by the key dates listed above. Please check your email junk folder if you have not received your offer by the dates indicated.
You will be asked to accept the offer via our kindergarten portal.
Your child's enrolment is confirmed when we receive their immunisation documentation.
About priority of access
When the demand for kindergarten exceeds availability, places will be allocated in accordance with the Department of Education and Training (DET): Priority of Access Criteria.
DET defines ‘high priority children’ as:
- children at risk of abuse or neglect, including children in out-of-home care
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children
- Asylum seeker and refugee children
- Children eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy
- Children with additional needs, defined as children who:
- require additional assistance in order to fully participate in the kindergarten program
- require a combination of services which are individually planned
- have an identified specific disability or developmental delay
Other considerations may include siblings already enrolled at the service, attendance in the three-year-old program and local community zoning.
We are still waiting for confirmation and details from the Department of Education regarding the announcement made by Premier Dan Andrews on Thursday 16 June 2022, regarding free kindergarten for 2023.
We will provide you with an update as soon as we have this.
Every attempt is made to give families their first kindergarten preference, but unfortunately, that is not always possible.
If you have received an offer to a kindergarten that you cannot accept, please either:
- decline your offer
- choose to go onto the waiting list for your first kindergarten preference
- choose another service via the parent portal.
Please note that declining your original offer may result in us filling your place. There are no guarantees a place will become available elsewhere.
We will email you a kindergarten pack by the end of September 2022.
A link to accept your offer is within your offer email. There is also a link to our group preference form. Please note that if we don't receive a group preference, your child will be automatically placed in a group.
Every attempt will be made to allocate your first preference; however, this cannot be guaranteed.
If there is only one group at your kindergarten, you do not need to complete a group preference form.
Please contact us as we might have the wrong contact number.
Please check your junk email.
Has the offer been sent to the other parent’s email address?
Please contact us to ensure we have the correct email address.
Was your application sent to us by 1 June? We have currently only sent out round 1 offers.
Yes, view the 2023 kindergarten timetable.
Your application ID is sent to you by SMS.
This page was last updated on 23 June 2022.