- Attraction & Historical landmark
- 10 Piper Street, Kilmore VIC 3764 (See map)
The cottage is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register meaning the significance of the cottage is recognised for both Kilmore and the whole of Victoria.
Whitburgh Cottage was erected between 1853-57 for William Smeaton, a local coachbuilder and blacksmith.
The house remained in the Smeaton family ownership for 113 years. The site is one of the oldest buildings in Kilmore and is Kilmore’s oldest surviving bluestone house.
It epitomises early cottage design with a simple double fronted composition, hipped roof and constructed of local materials, in thick case bluestone.
Restoration works are currently underway.
This page was last updated on 7 November 2022.