Amendment C157 — Planning Scheme review implementation
Mitchell Shire Council has prepared Planning Scheme Amendment C157 to the Mitchell Planning Scheme.
Amendment C157 proposes to:
- Replace the Local Planning Policy Framework of the Mitchell Planning Scheme with a new Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) at clause 2 and local policies within the Planning Policy Framework at clauses 11-19 and clauses 21-23.
- Amend a number of schedules to overlays, general provisions and operational provisions consistent with changes to the Victoria Planning Provisions introduced by Amendment VC148.
- Implement several recommendations of the Mitchell Planning Scheme Review, September 2020 including:
- replacing schedules 1and 2 to the Urban Growth Zone
- translating local policies related to gaming and waterways to relevant clauses
- updating planning permit triggers relevant to native vegetation and fencing
- Catchment Management Authorities as referral authority for relevant overlays
- changes to identify further strategic work
Submissions to Amendment C157 will close on Monday 18 July 2022.
Review the documents in person
All documents specific to the amendment above and the explanatory report can be inspected, free of charge, during office hours at the following locations:
Review the documents online
All amendment documents are available on the Victorian Government: Planning Schemes and Amendments website.
Please note that the documents specific to the amendment above will be available online on Friday 17 June 2022. If you wish to access the documents earlier please contact Council.
Have your say
Submissions regarding this amendment should be lodged by the advertised end date of 18 July 2022.
You can make a submission using any of the following methods:
- email your submission to email@example.com
- post your submission to Mitchell Shire Council Strategic Planning Department, 113 High Street, Broadford VIC 3658
- provide a hard copy to any of our Customer Service Centres
Please note that all submissions received are a public documents and can be made available to any person upon request.
If you have any queries regarding the above or should you wish to arrange a time to meet with Council officers, please contact our Strategic Planning Department.
This page was last updated on 9 June 2022.