Amendment C154 — Kilmore East Street Rezone
Amendment C154 proposed to rezone 2.2 hectares of land owned by the Kilmore Racing Club at 15-35 East Street, Kilmore and the southern adjoining parcel (Reserve 1 on LP114048) from Public Use Zone (schedule 6) to General Residential Zone (Schedule 1) and apply the Development Plan Overlay (Schedule 10).
The land affected by Amendment C154 is shown below.
Council at its Ordinary Meeting held 27 June 2022 considered the Independent Planning Panel's Report on Amendment C154. Council resolved to abandon Amendment C154 in accordance with the Panel's findings. The Minister for Planning has been advised of Council's decision.
Council resolved to abandon Amendment C154 for the following reasons:
- The Amendment is inconsistent with the objectives of the Municipal Strategic Statement and Kilmore Structure Plan 2016.
- The Amendment is not strategically justified and should not proceed until further strategic work is undertaken around the Equine Precinct in Kilmore.
- No amendments should occur to the Kilmore Structure Plan for the subject site without a more considered review of the Kilmore Structure Plan's directions for the equine precinct.
Council also resolved to undertake further strategic work for Kilmore's equine precinct as part of a future review of the Kilmore Structure Plan.
- Mitchell C154mith Panel Report PDF (1.08Mb)
- C154 Information Sheet PDF (771Kb)
- Amendment C154mith Explantory Report EXHIBITION PDF (280Kb)
- Mitchell C154mith 001dpo Map16 Exhibition PDF (215Kb)
- Mitchell C154mith 002 zn Map16 Exhibition PDF (214Kb)
- Amendment C154mith Instruction Sheet EXHIBITION PDF (70Kb)
Review the Documents Online
All amendment documents are available on the Victorian Government: Planning Schemes and Amendments website.
To view the documents specific to the amendment above, visit:
If you have any queries regarding the above or should you wish to arrange a time to meet with Council officers, please contact our Strategic Planning Department.
This page was last updated on 28 June 2022.