Planning Scheme Amendments
About planning scheme amendments
From time to time, the Mitchell Planning Scheme is amended to provide relevant policy direction and facilitate appropriate development.
Our Strategic Planning Department prepares proposed amendments and works closely with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning throughout the amendment process.
Planning scheme amendments can include:
- the rezoning of land
- the implementation of strategies such as a township structure plan to update local policies
How to find out more
- Planning Scheme Amendments Online provides up-to-date information on the status of amendments to all planning schemes in Victoria and the Victoria Planning Provisions. It allows you to view amendment documentation at the exhibition and approval stages of the amendment process.
- The Strategic Planning Department is available to discuss any potential requests for a Planning Scheme Amendment prior to lodgement.
- Council holds information sessions for proposed amendments. They are an opportunity to review all documentation, hear about the proposal and ask our planners any question.
- Review our proposed amendments (below) — check the details of what is proposed and find out when information sessions are planned.
Completed Planning Scheme Amendments
To view details of completed Planning Scheme Amendments, visit the DELWP Website.