VicSmart planning applications
What is a VicSmart Application?
VicSmart is a streamlined assessment process for straightforward planning permit applications. In order to be eligible for VicSmart, planning applications must meet particular requirements.
The benefit of a VicSmart application is that the process can take only 10 business days when all required information is submitted at once. VicSmart applications are also not advertised.
Does my application qualify for VicSmart?
In order to apply for VicSmart, an application must meet all the VicSmart requirements of the relevant zone, overlay and/or particular provision. VicSmart requirements can be found in clause 59 of the Mitchell Planning Scheme.
Please note that only some types of planning permit applications can qualify for VicSmart. Please refer to the checklists below as a guide of what applications are eligible.
For more information about the VicSmart process, refer to the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning’s VicSmart Guide.
Apply for a VicSmart Planning Permit
Complete the relevant VicSmart checklist to ensure you submit all the required information. If your proposal falls into more than one VicSmart class of application you will need to complete all relevant checklists.
- Checklist 1: Realign a boundary between two lots PDF (63Kb)
- Checklist 2: Subdivide land into lots each containing an existing building or car parking space PDF (63Kb)
- Checklist 3: Subdivide land with an approved development into two lots PDF (62Kb)
- Checklist 4: Construct a front fence in a residential zone PDF (55Kb)
- Checklist 5: Construct a building or works in a zone (other than a rural zone) PDF (70Kb)
- Checklist 6: Construct a building or works in an overlay PDF (64Kb)
- Checklist 7: Remove, destroy or lop one tree PDF (57Kb)
- Checklist 8: Minor subdivision, minor buildings and works, painting or tree lopping in a Heritage Overlay PDF (63Kb)
- Checklist 9: Minor subdivision or buildings or works in a Special Building Overlay PDF (58Kb)
- Checklist 10: Display a sign in a commercial, industrial, or special purpose zone PDF (57Kb)
- Checklist 11: Reduce a car parking requirement PDF (57Kb)
- Checklist 12: Two lot subdivision in a rural zone PDF (56Kb)
- Checklist 13: Construct a building or works in a rural zone PDF (56Kb)
- Checklist 14: Extension to one dwelling on a lot in a residential zone PDF (69Kb)
Download and complete an Application for a VicSmart Planning Permit form.
This page was last updated on 4 August 2022.