Apply for a planning permit
You may attend a pre-application meeting to discuss your proposal, any limitations that may apply to a piece of land, and the planning permit process.
To organise a meeting please fill out the Pre-Application Meeting Form below.
Preparing your Application
If you are ready to write your application you will need to:
- fill out the Application for Planning Permit form (download below)
- supply title information for each parcel of land
- provide a plan of existing conditions
- provide a plan of proposal
Planning Checklists, Fact Sheets and Forms
It is important that you read the checklists and fact sheets provided for your type of application below.
These checklists are only a guide — contact our Statutory Planning Department to confirm what information is required prior to lodging your application.
When you submit your application to Council you will be asked to pay the relevant fee.
- Planning Permit Checklist Advertising Signage PDF (111 KB)
- Planning Permit Checklist Multiple Dwellings PDF (117 KB)
- Planning Permit Checklist Change of Use PDF (115 KB)
- Planning Permit Checklist Dams PDF (132 KB)
- Planning Permit Checklist Minor Buildings and Works PDF (111 KB)
- Planning Permit Checklist Reducing or Waiving Car Parking Requirements PDF (112 KB)
When you receive a planning permit you will also get endorsed plans that show what is to be built and how the land can be used. This means the use or the buildings and works must be undertaken as shown on the endorsed plans.
If you need to make changes to a planning permit you will probably need to apply to Council to amend the planning permit. Council can sometimes assess minor changes to the plans without the need to apply for a new permit. Find out more about changing a permit.
Submit Your Application
This page was last updated on 22 July 2019.