Skip to main content
Planning services

Appeal a planning permit decision at VCAT

VCAT appeals

The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) is an independent tribunal that hears and determines a range of disputes. If you are dissatisfied with a planning permit decision made by Council, you can apply to have the decision reviewed by VCAT. You can apply for a review if:

  • your permit application is refused by the council or responsible authority
  • the decision contains conditions you’re not satisfied with
  • a decision hasn’t been made within the statutory timeframe
  • you objected to an application and are not satisfied with the decision or conditions.

To lodge an application for a review of a planning permit decision made by Council, visit the VCAT website.

The VCAT website contains important resources for people considering appealing a Council decision. It's important to contact VCAT if you need information or clarification about their processes. You can contact VCAT via:

Contact us

If you have any queries regarding the above or should you wish to arrange a time to meet with Council officers, please contact our Statutory Planning Department on 03 5734 6200 and choose option 3.

This page was last updated on 29 April 2021.