PLP240/20 - 4B Freeway Drive Wallan
The application is proposing the use and development of land for Industry (Concrete Batching Plant). The buildings and works include the construction of the following:
- An office/amenities building located approximately 43 meters from the site frontage adjoining the western boundary. This building will have a floor area of 212.5sqm.
- A covered building to the east side of the site for truck and machinery storage.
- A batching plant that will be located in central portion of the site and provide above ground storage bins and slump stands for the storage of sand and gravel. Four metal silos to store cement will also be located in the central portion of the site. These silos will extend to a height of 20.4 metres above natural ground level and be cladded in muted tones. The lower portions of the silos will allow for trucks to drive under to be filled.
- A testing laboratory will be located in the central portion of the site for the testing of concrete products.
- Wash bay areas and an area to accept returned cement will also be located centrally to the site.
- Car parking will be located in the front portion of the site.
The proposed hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday to Friday – 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
No operations other than essential maintenance and administration will occur outside of these hours.
The proposed concrete batching plan will employ up to 20 people.
The advertising package includes the below documents:
- notice, application and title
Have your say
Submissions regarding this application should be lodged by the advertised end date of 18 January 2021.
Any submission made to Council regarding this application needs to contain:
- your name, address and email and/or phone number
- the reference number PLP240/20
- a description of your acceptance/feedback or objection of this application.
You can make a submission using any of the following methods:
If you have any queries regarding the above or should you wish to arrange a time to meet with Council officers, please contact our Statutory Planning Department on 03 5734 6200 and choose option 3.
- Wallan Planning and Building Services OfficePlanning and Building Services4A & 4B 61 High Street, Wallan03 5734 6200Our upstairs offices can be found above the Salvation Army and San Marco Italian Restaurant. Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Appointments are available at other locations.
This page was last updated on 4 January 2021.