Request a copy of building permits or plans
You may request a copy of the building permits for any structures on your property.
Before applying, please be aware:
- You must be the registered owner of the property to obtain this information. Council does not provide information on neighbour’s properties or to anyone other than the registered owner of the property.
- Records generally date back to 1994.
- The fee for plan and document retrieval is a non-refundable administration fee.
- There is no guarantee that plans will be available.
- Most physical files are stored offsite. A search for building plans can take a minimum of 15 working days from the time application and payment is received.
How to request a copy of building permits or plans
Complete the online application form (below)
A Council officer will contact you to take payment of the relevant fee. Payment can be taken over the phone or in person at one of our Customer Service Centres.
Council will search for the relevant plans and provide you with a copy if they are available.
Online application form
This page was last updated on 16 August 2021.