We issue occupancy permits to confirm that a building is safe and suitable for its intended use.
You must apply for an occupancy permit for:
- a newly constructed building
- a building that has been altered (extension or renovation)
- a building that is being adapted for a new use
- places of public entertainment
Apply for an occupancy permit
- complete the occupancy permit application form (download below)
- you will be asked to supply the following as part of your application (see certificate checklist on application form)
- electrical safety certificate
- plumbing certificate — general, roofing, drainage, gas, effluent and solar hot water systems
- termite prevention measures
- information about the glazing used
- letter stating the dwelling has been constructed in compliance with the BAL report
- letter stating the dwelling has been constructed in compliance with the 6-star energy rating report including the insulation
- approval to use septic system
- return your documents to any of our Customer and Library Service Centres and pay the fee; or
- return your documents to Mitchell Shire Council and an officer will call you to take payment over the phone
- Wallan Planning and Building Services OfficePlanning and Building Services4A & 4B 61 High Street, Wallan03 5734 6200Our upstairs offices can be found above the Salvation Army and San Marco Italian Restaurant. Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Appointments are available at other locations.
Your form is submitting…
This page was last updated on 15 February 2021.