Skip to main content
Planning and building

Building services

If you are thinking about building or renovating you need to talk to the Building Department at Mitchell Shire Council.

Our job is to make sure that buildings meet relevant building and safety standards for owners, occupiers and the general public. We do that by:

  • issuing building permits
  • undertaking mandatory building inspections/enforcement associated with complaints and safety issues
  • distributing advisory building information
  • inspecting swimming pool fencing

This page was last updated on 11 May 2021.