Cr Rhonda Sanderson
Born and raised in Seymour, Cr Sanderson was first elected to Council in 2012 and re-elected in 2016. She has served as Deputy Mayor (2013/14) and Mayor (2016/17 and 2017/18).
Community service is important to her — both through employment and voluntary work. Cr Sanderson’s career has been spent mostly in administration and management in law enforcement and training. She holds a BA (ANU 2007) and is an AICD Company Directors' Course Graduate (2015).
Cr Sanderson is committed to pursuing:
- improved consultation and transparency
- fair treatment of all residents and ratepayers
- township beautification
- economic development and job creation
- effective planning and development
- more youth activities
- a safe network of footpaths and trails
- community infrastructure which meets local needs
Cr Sanderson has been an active volunteer on numerous community committees and in community organisations. She views her role on Council as a continuation of her service to the community and enjoys working to improve the quality of life of Mitchell Shire residents.
Cr Sanderson is a representative of the following Committees and Organisations:
- Australian Local Government Women’s Association – Victorian Branch
- Kings Park Recreation Reserve Committee
- Australian Light Horse Memorial Park
- Seymour Bushland Park Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Australia Day Awards Committee