Mayor Cr Rhonda Sanderson
Rhonda was first elected to Council in 2012 and served as Deputy Mayor in 2014/5.
She was re-elected in 2016 and 2020 and has served as Mayor for two years in 2016/17 and 2017/18 and was re-elected Mayor for 2020/21.
Community service has been important in her employment and voluntary roles. She has 30 years of administrative and management experience in government and private enterprise, mainly in law enforcement and training.
Prior to being elected to Council, she held a range of roles in our local community. Highlights include her involvement with the Seymour Business and Tourism Inc. and The Seymour We Want community development group.
The main issues she is committed to pursuing are:
- economic development and job creation, particularly in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and recession
- township beautification
- effective land use planning and development
- more youth activities
- safe footpaths, bike paths, trails and roads
- upgrading of community infrastructure, parks, playgrounds and pools
- caring for our environment
- financial sustainability
- good governance at Mitchell Shire Council
- continuous improvement in Council services and a customer-focused approach
Rhonda was born and raised in Seymour and is a long term Seymour resident, married with two adult children.
BA (ANU, 2007), GAICD (Australian Institute of Company Directors, 2015), Member ICDA (Institute of Company Directors Australia, 2018)