Cr Bill Chisholm
Councillor Chisholm, a long-time resident of the Tooborac/Pyalong community. He has had a varied career in small business, from part-owning and managing a local service station, to farming and fencing enterprises.
A large part of his life experience involves raising a happy and successful family, travel and community involvement, including School Council, Landcare, the local CFA and other community organisations.
These varied experiences have provided him with a strong understanding of the requirements of small business and the expectations and needs of rural communities and small towns. He fully appreciates the need for sound financial management and getting the best value for every dollar.
Cr Chisholm lives with his wife Liz and family on a rural property in the Tooborac area. They treasure this unique and beautiful rural environment, and a supportive community.
Cr Chisholm was first elected 2012 and then again in 2016.
Cr Chisholm is a representative of the following Committees and Organisations:
- Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee
- Municipal Fire Management Planning Committee
- Mitchell Shire Pest Plant and Animal Taskforce
- Tallarook Mechanics Institute Committee
- Tooborac Mechanics Hall and Reserve Committee
- Pyalong Recreation Reserve Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Mitchell Fire Consultative Forum