Wineries and breweries
Two wine regions overlap in Mitchell Shire:
- Upper Goulburn River Winegrowing Region
- Heathcote Winegrowing Region
Both regions are home to some of Australia’s oldest vines including centuries-old Shiraz and other varieties brought from France’s Rhone Valley such as Grenache, Mourcedre and Viognier. The area’s many varied microclimates produce some sensational wines including some unusual varieties such as Gamay and Malbec.
If wineries aren’t your thing, stop by the Tooborac Brewery and sample one of their award-winning beers while enjoying some local produce and taking in the breathtaking surrounds.
- Brave Goose WineryWineries and breweries8803 Goulburn Valley Highway, Whiteheads Creek03 5799 1229 or 0417 553 225
- McIvor EstateWineries and breweries80 Tooborac-Baynton Road, Tooborac03 5433 5266
- Merindoc Café and Cellar DoorWineries and breweries2905 Lancefield-Tooborac Road, Tooborac03 5433 5188
- Prince of Wales - Shearasun BreweryWineries and breweries48 Emily Street, Seymour57921003The Prince of Wales Hotel is Seymour's newly renovated must-see pub. Home of local brew Shearasun, and showcasing more than 25 Aussie beers on tap - the Prince is the perfect pub to pull up a stool and settle in for welcoming hospitality and a great day out with family or friends.
- Rowanston on the Track WineryAccommodation & Wineries and breweries2710 Burke and Wills Track, Glenhope03 5425 5492
- Shearasun Brewery — The Broadford HotelWineries and breweries100 High Street, Broadford0422 313 733
- Tooborac Brewery and HotelWineries and breweries5115 Northern Hwy, Tooborac03 5433 5201
- Wine X SamWineries and breweries69-71 Anzac Avenue, Seymour03 5799 0437Tours of the winery are available. Come and visit for a first-hand taste of Wine X Sam's winemaking philosophy.
This page was last updated on 24 June 2019.