Mitchell Shire boasts three seasonal outdoor swimming pools located in Broadford, Tallarook and Seymour.
The outdoor pools are open during summer and will only open when the air temperature is forecast to be 26 degrees or greater by the Bureau of Meteorology.
Once open, operating hours may vary in response to temperature and patronage and the pools may be closed at any time for safety reasons, including dangerous weather conditions, sometimes at very short notice.
Find out the current cost for casual visits and season passes for adult, child, concession and family entry. A season pass grants you entry to all three outdoor pools for the season and entry to the indoor pools on any day that the outdoor pools are closed. Go to outdoor pool fees.
Outdoor pool season passes can be purchased at Kilmore Leisure Centre, Seymour Sports and Aquatic Centre or any of the outdoor pools.
Watch Around Water
When you visit a Mitchell Shire outdoor pool, you are responsible for the supervision of your children. As a parent or guardian of:
- children under 5 years old, you must be in the water and within arm’s reach at all times
- children 5 to 10 years old, you must provide direct supervision to them at all times
Our lifeguards are employed on a 1:100 ratio, therefore, it is the responsibility of parents and guardians to provide direct supervision for children.
Unsupervised children of any age will be removed from the water if the lifeguard is concerned for their safety.
Outdoor Pools in Mitchell Shire
- Broadford Outdoor PoolPoolHamilton Street, Broadford03 5784 1245A family-friendly pool with lap and toddler pools and shaded areas.
- Seymour War Memorial PoolPoolLesley Street, Seymour03 5799 2688A large outdoor aquatic facility including a 50-metre Olympic lap pool, leisure pool, toddler pool and picnic areas.
- Tallarook Outdoor PoolPoolMain Street, Tallarook03 5799 1456A family-friendly facility with a 22-metre lap pool, toddler pool, a water slide and shaded areas.
Indoor pools in Mitchell Shire
- Seymour Sports and Aquatic CentreLeisure Centre & StadiumPollard Street, Seymour03 5735 1500Indoor fitness, sports and aquatic centre in Seymour. It offers a stadium, 25-metre pool, fully-equipped gym, group fitness classes, yoga, pilates, aqua aerobics, seniors’ classes, learn to swim, school holiday activities, lane hire, crèche and occasional care services. Casual visits and memberships available.
- Kilmore Leisure CentreLeisure CentreWhite Street, Kilmore03 5734 0600Indoor fitness and aquatic centre in Kilmore. 25-metre pool, fully-equipped gym, group fitness classes, spin, yoga, pilates, aqua aerobics, seniors’ fitness classes, learn to swim, lane hire and crèche and occasional care services. Casual visits and memberships available.