Leisure Services FAQs
The easing of restrictions has allowed us to reopen pools, gymnasium and group fitness classes. Showers and change room facilities reopened on Monday 22 June, however we recommend where possible to shower at home.
The health and wellbeing of patrons and staff is paramount and significant changes have been implemented to adhere to these new restrictions. Mitchell Leisure Services will monitor and review the operations of the centres regularly and in line with Victorian Government updates. We will continue to review and revise how we operate our centres to remain in line with current advice.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times.
New trial period. June 30 - July 6
Commencing Tuesday 30 June, Mitchell Leisure Services have removed barriers to entry and restrictions on session times within the facility. There will be a one week trial of these changes.
The Department of Health and Human Services have confirmed that we may have 20 patrons in the pool, 20 patrons in the Gymnasium and 10 in Group Fitness Classes. Outside of these areas (reception, changes rooms etc) we may have additional patrons within the centre, as long as social distancing and the 4m2 rule remains in place.
Based on the statistics since reopening the 6pm gym session at Kilmore Leisure Centre, 8am Saturday pool at Seymour Sports and Aquatic Centre and all aqua classes remain popular. All other session times are not fully booked.
CHANGES TO THE SERVICE INCLUDE:
- Bookings forms removed.
- No longer required to make specific booking times (with the exception of Group Fitness and Aqua class).
- Restrictions on your training session time has been removed.
- Showers and changerooms can be used at anytime, however where possible, it is encouraged to shower at home.
- Aqua classes times extended to 45 minute classes.
- The front door will be unlocked for access.
- Should there be 20 patrons within the area, you will be required to wait. As soon as one patron leaves the area (pool or gymnasium specific) the next patron will be allowed to enter.
- No lap swimming available when aqua classes are running.
- The pool remains open to patrons 10 years and older for lap swimming and water therapy only.
We ask that you remain courteous and complete your training as efficiently as possible in case there is someone waiting to come into the area.
Should there not be extensive waiting time periods for patrons, this will continue beyond the week trial period.
COVID-19 Phase 2
Gymnasium - reopened Monday 22 June
Group Fitness - reopened Monday 29 June
Has Mitchell Leisure Services completed a 'Return to Play Plan'?
Yes, a 'Return to Play Plan' has been submitted to Council and Sport and Recreation Victoria as requested by the Victorian Government.
When will Mitchell Leisure Services Reopen?
The pool reopened on Wednesday 10 June.
The Gymnasiums reopened on Monday 22 June.
Group Fitness Classes commenced on Monday 29 June.
Personal Training, fitness assessments and programs will recommence on Monday 6 July.
Swimming lessons and Creche facilities will remain closed.
How many patrons can attend Mitchell Leisure Services?
We can allow 20 patrons into the pool space.
20 patrons in the gymnasium and 10 patrons in group fitness classes.
Additional patrons may access the remaining areas of the facilities including changerooms and reception, with social distancing and the 4m2 rule applied.
Who can attend Mitchell Leisure Services?
Anyone, both members and casual visitors are welcome.
Can I use both Kilmore Leisure Centre and Seymour Sports and Aquatic Centre?
Patrons will need to select one facility to attend and will not be able to access other locations.
What happens if someone doesn’t adhere to social distancing rules?
The safety of our patrons and staff is our priority. Anyone not adhering to social distancing rules will be asked to leave the centre. Any abuse of our staff or patrons will not be tolerated.
What safety measures have Mitchell Leisure Services put in place?
- Installation of hands-free sanitising stations throughout the centre
- Social distancing markers
- Additional signage to keep patrons informed
- Removal of non-essential touchpoints
- Sanitised wipes and additional cleaning of surfaces
- Self-scanning for members
- Cashless transactions
- Gymnasium equipment has been moved to include 1.5 metre social distancing
- Relocation of Group Fitness classes to the stadium at Seymour Sports and Aquatic Centre and creche at Kilmore Leisure Centre for Spin classes
What additional cleaning has been implemented?
Mitchell Leisure Services have allowed for adequate cleaning time in between sessions to ensure all touchpoints and toilets have been cleaned. Any shared equipment has also been removed.
Can I still use the centre if I have been unwell?
To keep everyone safe, we ask that if you have been feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone that has been unwell, please do not visit the centre.
I am over 70 years, am I able to use the centre?
Yes. We ask that you use the centre at your own discretion.
Opening Times and Information
Monday to Friday, 6am to 7.00pm
Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 1pm
Monday to Friday, 6am to 7:30pm
Saturday to Sunday, 8am to 1pm
*Please note our reduced operating hours.
Can I reactivate my membership?
You can opt in to have your previous membership reinstated as opposed to a pay per visit usage. If you have not already informed the team at Mitchell Leisure Services if you want this reinstated, please email email@example.com
The following services/amenities will remain closed until further notice
- Swim school
- Café or kiosk facilities
- Water fountains (please bring sufficient water for your session)
- Tables and chairs have been removed
PLEASE NOTE: all property left behind will be binned for safety. Mitchell Leisure Services cannot hold any lost property.
This page was last updated on 29 June 2020.